Privacy of Children Under 13 Years of Age
- As a non-profit organization, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) does not apply to us. We implement important COPPA concepts voluntarily.
- We do not allow children younger than 13 to provide direct, personally-identifiable information, such as name, address, photographs and videos for the Site. We will never share or use such information without prior consent from a parent or legal guardian.
- Individuals 13 or older can register with our Site to submit content, including videos featuring pledges not to use performance enhancing drugs. We may publish personal information about these children, such as first and last name, videos and photographs of the children. During the registration process, we may ask the child to provide certain information for notification and security purposes, including a parent or guardian’s email address, the child’s email address, and the child’s first and last name. We also may ask for birth dates from children to validate their ages. Children under the age of 13 will still be able to use the Site, but they will directed to a portion of the Site that restricts their ability to upload videos.
- We urge parents to repeatedly discuss with their children the danger of giving personal information to anyone (online or in person) whom they don’t personally know. We also encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children monitoring and reviewing their children’s online activity. As a policy, no person under the age of 13 is permitted to register directly to receive THF’s electronic communications.
- If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child and you would like to review or have deleted the child’s personal information and or to stop further collection or use, please contact us at Taylor Hooton Foundation P. O. Box 2104 Frisco, TX 75034-9998 (972) 403-7300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect When You Make a Purchase or a Donation
If you make a purchase at the THF online store or a donation using our online payment system we request you provide certain information that is necessary for THF’s third-party service providers to bill your credit card company and fill your order. The Site uses an order form that requests certain information about you, such as your e-mail and shipping address and your credit card information, which is used to process your order or to contact you regarding your order. When you place an order, you are asked to select a password so that your address and shipping information can be stored for the next time you shop. Your credit card information will not be stored, unless you specifically request that it be stored or you register for ongoing participation in an online event. When your credit card information is stored, it will be encrypted. You are also welcome to view the information you have previously provided and modify it or correct it online at any time. If we have trouble processing your order, we will use this information to contact you. The purchase process requires this service provider to collect and process your credit card information or checking account number.
Information We Collect When You Join Our Mailing List or Register for THF Events
No registration is necessary to visit or participate in our Site. Certain portions of the Site may condition your access on the provision of personally identifiable information. Also, portions of the Site allow you to join our mailing list and receive e-mail or regular mail information from us about new products or other matters of interest regarding the THF online store and THF events. These same sections provide for the ability to opt out of receiving future mailings at any time. These sections contain forms which require your name and e-mail address and which may request, but not require, other personally identifiable information, including your postal address or phone number. By entering your data into this form, you give us permission to use and store your personal information, to contact you via e-mail, to send e-mail messages to you containing information relating to your interest in THF, and to share your information with any other persons or entities that provide services to THF.
Security and Privacy
THF retains records of individuals who upload videos on the Site in its database. THF’s Site uses security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, or alteration of the information under our control. We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your data containing personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards.
Site Usage Information We Track
When necessary, we may use your Internet Protocol address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. We also may track, in aggregate, the browser types of users to help us understand our visitors’ needs related to our Site designs.
Information We May Share with Others
We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of marketing their products or services to you. However, your personal information may be shared with any THF-affiliated organization, as permitted by law.
Third-party Service Providers
We may employ contractors or other third parties. These contractors or other third parties may have access to your personal information if this access is necessary for them to perform services for us. By submitting any information to THF, you agree to submit your personal information to THF and the third-party service providers who provide services to THF. We engage service providers who commit to use reasonable measures to protect the privacy of our users in a manner consistent with our policies.
Compliance with the Law
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe, in good faith, that the law requires such disclosure, including, for example, complying with a judicial proceeding, court order or subpoena, or when THF believes that public interest mandates such disclosure.
Links to Other Web Sites
We are not responsible for the contents, services, privacy policies, or practices of any web sites to which we may hyperlink from our Site. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Questions or Concerns